- Co-founder of the Great Glasses Play Day, an awesome annual event supported by the American Optometric Association and the
- Donations of frames to kids in need through Prevent Blindness of Northern CA
- Peeps Eyewear's founder is an executive board member of Prevent Blindness Wisconsin and supports vision screenings throughout
- Book readings at libraries and other venues. Contact us if you'd like to host a reading in your community!
- GreatGlassesBookStore.com has awesome children's books and book reviews related to kids and glasses.
Early Vision Screening
Kids love to dress-up and make-believe they can be anything they want to be. It is an essential part of early childhood development and encourages creativity, self-esteem. and expressing feelings. There are several books and studies on this topic. Here are a couple of our favorites:
The Case for Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World By Susan Linn
Taking Pride in Glasses & Patching